Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed

Expedia.com!

Airfare, Hotels, Rental Cars, Vacation Packages

Southwest Vacations logo!

Advertisement

Sinatra Smash Question

Last edit: DoubleD on Tuesday, 15th March 2011 8:02 am
Last response by DoubleD 18th March 11:11am

I've attempted to recreate the Sinatra Smash cocktail at home, and I have a question about it. Does anyone remember if the cocktail, itself, includes the muddled blackberries? Or are the muddled blackberries strained and replaced with whole blackberries? Any feedback is appreciated.

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 sobo15 responded on Tuesday, 15th March 2011

http://newsletter.visitwynn.com/2011/02/recipe-spotlight/ first post hope this helps

Kagehitokiri responded on Tuesday, 15th March 2011

* 5-6 fresh blackberries
* 2 oz. fresh sweet & sour*
* ⅓ oz. Sonoma Vanilla Infused Simple Syrup
* ¾ oz. Briotett Créme de Cassis
* 2 oz. Gentleman Jack Tennessee Whiskey

In a cocktail shaker, muddle the blackberries with the sweet & sour. Add the remaining ingredients and shake with ice until chilled. Strain over cracked ice in an old fashioned glass. Garnish with a beautiful mint sprig.

*Fresh Sweet & Sour: Cut fresh lemons in half and extract the fresh juice. Strain. Combine equal parts of freshly squeezed and strained lemon juice with simple syrup (*see recipe below). Stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready for use. Expires in 7 days.

To make simple syrup, dissolve equal amounts of granulated sugar and boiling water, allow to cool.

Kagehitokiri responded on Tuesday, 15th March 2011

(from sobo15's link)

so strain and dont replace

fivehundy responded on Tuesday, 15th March 2011

The cocktail contains muddled blackberries... definitely not replaced with whole blackberries.

saharalv replied on Wednesday, 16th March 2011

I was waiting for you to respond to this one ; )

DoubleD responded on Friday, 18th March 2011

Thanks for the input everyone. I'll be enjoying one in this glorious 71 degree weather here in Philly in about 30 minutes. Cheers!