The Signature at MGM. Any opinions?
Started by saharalv on Wednesday, 2nd January 2013 8:18 pm
Since I'm going to Vegas less often, I thought that I'd mix it up on the next trip. Has anyone here stayed at this place? It's quite a bit cheaper than The Hotel at Mandalay Bay and the photos look enticing. Any help would be appreciated!
Last response by Okie21 3rd January 3:16pm
Dave702 responded on Wednesday, 2nd January 2013
I haven't stayed there, but I have been in the rooms, and they looked fine to me. I actually shot my appearance in the BBC's "The Real Hustle" on one of the balconies. You can probably see my trepidation about the strength of the railing in my shots, but it held.
And when I did a Yelp/Trip Advisor study 2 years back, Signature had the best rating/room rate percentage: it wasn't the highest-rated hotel on the Strip, but for the price, it was rated extremely high. Take that all with a grain of salt, but it tells me that it was, at minimum, meeting expectations.
level42 responded on Wednesday, 2nd January 2013
Yes, I have stayed at The Signature. The rooms were amazing, and I paid $100/night plus the resort fee.
1. Wonderful scenery from the balcony.
2. Very comfortable bed.
3. Spacious room.
4. Large Bathroom with huge tub.
5. CD Player (am I the only one that still brings CD's with me on a trip?)
6. Nice sized Fridge.
1. Valet parking only...bring lots of $1's for tipping. If you're in a hurry, this can be annoying as it takes 6-10 minutes minimum to get your car...sometimes longer. They actually lost my car...I guess all Thrifty Rental Car white Kia's look the same at 6am on a Sunday morning, and they accidentally gave my car to someone else...who made it to Utah before they figured out what had happened. They got me a limo for the day and sent a driver with the correct Kia to meet the guy that had my car.
2. Get in shape! 15 minute walk from your room to MGM casino floor. Quite a hike at 1am when you're starving...
3. Not all rooms have balconies, tip well at the desk and tell em it's your anniversary and the only gift you want is a high floor balcony room.
4. $25/day Resort Fee...the only place I've stayed with one...and in fact, was the first time I had ever heard of such. I was NOT happy...
5. Slow internet. Typical of Vegas strip hotels.
6. The above-mentioned fridge contained jelly and mayonnaise from the previous guests.
I will try and upload my room photos to Flickr...and post a link here. I believe I stayed there a week in April of 2010.
level42 replied on Wednesday, 2nd January 2013
Here's a small gallery of MGM Signature room photos:
This was a high floor balcony room in the tower closest to Planet Hollywood. I included 2 nighttime photos I took from the balcony so you can get an idea of the view.
fatbastard responded on Thursday, 3rd January 2013
Lovely bride and I stayed there once a few years ago when the place was pretty new.
Loved it. Yes it's a bit of a trek but we stayed in the tower closest to MGM so not too bad. Monorail access was handy.
Boring (or nice and quiet if that's what you like) pool scene at Signature, but if I recall you have access to the main MGM pool area if you want.
Really nice and well-appointed rooms. The mini kitchen was great. We brought our leftovers back from dinner at Smith & Wesson right next door to MGM and had a nice in-room brunch the next morning.
Been tempted to stay there again, just haven't got around to it. I'd describe it as a bit more exclusive than Vdara type of place.