The Board at VegasTripping

Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed

Expedia.com!

Airfare, Hotels, Rental Cars, Vacation Packages

Southwest Vacations logo!

Advertisement

Bally's possible South Tower renovation?

Last edit: pkluvsvegas on Friday, 12th April 2013 12:22 pm
Last response by jinx73 14th April 6:55pm

So was checking on pics of the renovated Villa at Mirage, and I noticed something interesting. It looks like Cagley/Tanner, the company that did the design for the 1 and only updated Mirage Villa and the Salon Prive at Bellagio is also going to be doing something with the Bally's South Tower. Thought it would be something for the VT bosses/readers to look into.
http://www.cagleyandtanner.com/ctprojmain.html

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 Drake responded on Friday, 12th April 2013

Nice find. It's baffling that Caesars has allowed the South Tower to become so downright grubby. The rooms are quite big (as are the bathrooms if my memory serves) and have fabulous strip views, so there's a world of potential there. Let's hope it happens sooner than later.

A new exterior skin would be nice too.

vespajet replied on Saturday, 13th April 2013

At least maybe a touch up. The exterior is pretty much the same as it was back when it was still the MGM Grand.

About a week before my stay there back in October, Bally's sent me an email offering an upgrade from the South Tower to the North Tower for $10/night. I opted to save the $50 by doing the $20 trick at check-in, which got me a room in the North Tower on the "Diamond Level" as well as a slightly cheaper room rate.

coybotjr replied on Sunday, 14th April 2013

You know almost ever comp room I have ever used has been for Bally's South Tower and upon check in (without asking or bribing) I have been given a room in the North Tower instead. I am a pretty low roller, so I'm not sure what always prompts it.

jinx73 responded on Sunday, 14th April 2013

Nice size rooms, so some renovation would be nice.