Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed

Expedia.com!

Airfare, Hotels, Rental Cars, Vacation Packages

Southwest Vacations logo!

Advertisement

Meat, Beef, Steak - Looking for New Ideas

Last edit: Chuckmonster on Monday, 5th May 2008 3:36 am
Last response by missmonkay 16th May 9:37am

Heading to the green monster this weekend with Miss Mo. I'm positive that she will want to hit a steakhouse or equivalent cookery at some point. We all know the marquee steak joints by heart - Delmonico, SW, Prime etc - but what about some diamonds in the rough? The requirements are relatively simple : great chow, great service, great ambience without having to refi the house to pay the bill. Oh, and they have to have stuff other than beef, I can't eat it.

Let 'er rip.

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 donnymac66 responded on Monday, 5th May 2008

If the steak/prime rib joint at South Point is as good as their Italian Restaurant (Don Vito's) then that might work.

Or maybe all you can eat ribs at Dan Marino's??

rbg81601 responded on Monday, 5th May 2008

I don't know that it is a diamond in the rough, but Emeril's in MGM Grand has a terrific Louisiana Cedar Plank Campfire Steak. It's magically delicious!!

Sperman508 responded on Monday, 5th May 2008

my girl and i just got back and we ate at mesa and table10... i had the ribeye at both and mesa was the best steak ive ever had... ever... i thought better than delmonicos... my girl prefered the filet at table10 over her ribeye at mesa, when i asked why, she says... "table10 had french fries"... so, chuck, i say mesa...

vespajet responded on Monday, 5th May 2008

What about Mon Ami Gabi @ Paris? I ate there the other night and that was the best steak I have had in Vegas, and I've eaten at Delmonicos. It's not too terribly expensive either, I managed to get a steak and a beer for under $50(including tip). Most of the steaks run around $25 and include steak frites (a freaking huge pile of them). I didn't even need to order an appetizer or a soup. They also bring out a hot mini baguette for you to munch on as well. Mon Ami Gabi Menu

Another plus is the fact that their patio gives a great view of the fountains at the Bellagio. If you get there early into the dinner hours, you probably won't have to wait too long for a patio table.

srohwer responded on Monday, 5th May 2008

I can second the cedar plank steak at Emeril's @ MGM. It was great even as leftovers 2 days later.

In March I went to Binion's Steak place. 24th Floor looking over the neon of the strip and good food, too.

I also ate at The Steakhouse @ TI - great food.

Service was great at both places.

I hesitate to compare food because I ordered different cuts and different degrees of cooking...I would go back to all, but there are so many to try...

They all have fish or chicken alternatives.

Spyder responded on Monday, 5th May 2008

well if yer drivin down, just grab some roadkill, some tinfoil, yer engine block, and BAMMO!! a great meal, with little or no effort..... no, well we tried Nine last time (I think we talked about it, life is hazy) and I'd say go with what ya know. I'll always do Craft, SW or Delmonico cause I KNOW they are good, great service and the value it there too.

As fer the road kill, it's best skin the animals first. You can Make Miss Mo. a lovely boa out of the fur too, it's like gift AND a meal!!!

chvzgrca responded on Tuesday, 6th May 2008

Joe's first level new section of Forum Shops has a Ribeye a la Oscar that is to die for. Get a table out front eat a steak have a pinot noir and do some excellent people watching. Two floors up you have BOA not bad not bad at all.

donnymac66 responded on Tuesday, 6th May 2008

I also want to try Morels in Palazzo. Apparently they have a great patio as well.

cheerioh responded on Wednesday, 7th May 2008

off strip excursion to Roy's (chain, and available in LA i know, but hey) or maybe Envy?
recent great meals for me were carnevino and michael mina (though $$$$ and sub-par service, the stellar food made it worthwhile at MM).
OR
the only thing I know I'm doing next Vegas trip for sure is a whisky flight at Craft. best selection of single malts i've ever seen, and i lived in Scotland for a while. forget food. that is where it's at. if you go, say hi to james, (one of?) the sommelier there.
Vegas needs more "great chow, great service, great ambience without having to refi the house to pay the bill."

Chuckmonster responded on Friday, 9th May 2008

We're just about out the door, headed to Vegas. I'll let you know how it shakes out sometime this weekend.

Thank you all for the great recommendations.

missmonkay replied on Friday, 16th May 2008

How sad is this?

After all these recommendations and the idea in my head that we would go to Delmonico's, with a back up of Hugo's Cellar, I let time get away from us and we ended up eating at ......

HOOTERS.

I waited too long to figure out I was hungry and by then, it was too late. I got an attack of the hungries and decided I needed to have buffalo wings.

Little did I know that Hooters does not serve Buffalo wings, but some weird, cheap ass substitute.