The Board at VegasTripping

Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed

Las Vegas MGM Resorts Sale!

Advertisement

Bill's New Name: The Cromwell?

Started by vespajet on Sunday, 15th December 2013 2:53 pm
Last response by MEMO1 17th December 8:52pm

Vegas Seven is reporting that Caesars had decided to call the former Bill's "The Cromwell".

Goodbye GansevoortóBillís Is Now The Cromwell

A few days ago, Neon Dice was reporting The Cromwell name as well as the names The Ilyse and Anthology had been recently trademarked by Caesars.

Caesars Entertainment has Been Busy Trademarking

The Cromwell does sound like an old hotel you might find in a city like New York or Chicago, but how many folks will recall the infamous English ruler, Oliver Cromwell?

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 sandyastrogl1de responded on Sunday, 15th December 2013

It's unfashionable to use vowels in Las Vegas now. The new name is "CRMWLL".

Skywise replied on Tuesday, 17th December 2013

So what's wrong with BLLS then?

Or the more fancier BLLs

NeverJustJ responded on Monday, 16th December 2013

I don't hate it, nor do I get it!?! Are they fishing for hipsters with a vintage sounding name?!? Caesars really doesn't have a hipster property in the portfolio (at least for the kind of hipsters I'm used to here in the SF Bay Area...the fixed gear bike riding, hand rolled cigarette smoking, tight pants wearing, ultra micro-brew drinking guys with carefully trimmed "scruffy" beards). I believe they also exist in L.A., so maybe that's it.

I'm more interested in how "Anthology" is described in the article. Are they creating a way to sell their (I suspect slightly bloated) inventory of over-the-top suites built for high rollers when gaming was where nearly all their profit came from? Is it a logical next step to offer the young, hip and rich (or at least credit card with a high limit holding) club goers access to these suites at a highly profitable nightly rate? Save a few with the really nice furniture, fixtures and finishes for high rollers and let the club kids have the rest...and if they break the vase or stain the carpets with something no one wants to identify or spill a vodka red bull on the wall, so be it...

JakeDAnders responded on Monday, 16th December 2013

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cromwell

...sounds about right.

levans responded on Monday, 16th December 2013

Is the place named after actor James Cromwell? Maybe they are major fans of the movie Babe.

vespajet replied on Tuesday, 17th December 2013

Or L.A. Confidential....

MEMO1 responded on Tuesday, 17th December 2013

Sounds like a hotel trip somebody could win at The Price is Rigth........3 days and 2 nights at the Las Vegas The Cromwell !!!