Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed

Las Vegas MGM Resorts Sale!

Advertisement

Vegas Internet Mafia Family Picnic 2014

Aria Sky Suites Added to American Express FHR

Started by DoubleD on Friday, 3rd January 2014 12:12 pm
Last response by DoubleD 7th January 9:04am

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd pass on this information: American Express's Fine Hotel & Resorts program recently added the Aria Sky Suites as one of the participating hotels. Aria Sky Suites now join Bellagio, Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, SkyLofts at MGM, THE Hotel at Mandalay Bay and Wynn/Encore in 2014. And if I remember correctly, the Venetian/Palazzo is no longer a participant.

I recently stayed in the 2 Bedroom Aria Sky Suite in September 2013, and I believe these suites should be part of this program. The rooms and service, by and large, were consistent with M.O. and Wynncore. The 2BR suite was pretty ridiculous, with the newest bells and whistles you'd expect from a new property (6 flat screen TVs, automatic window shades, steam shower) with the high end finishes from a luxury property (comfortable couches, nice design, marble bar, twice a day housekeeping with slippers and chocolates)

The lobby is surprisingly nice, from a service standpoint. Coffee, waters, light bites and wine/beer throughout the day and night. Staying in the Sky Suites also featured 4 complimentary limo rides (2 per person). We used it to/from airport, but you could probably take it downtown, if you wanted (I don't think the staff likes saying the word, no.)

And finally, AmEx FHR offers late check-out at 4pm, which is ideal for the Vegas visitor with the late flight home. Aria's Sky Suite is a nice addition to the FHR program.

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 Geoff responded on Friday, 3rd January 2014

stinks you can't check the prices/book online (same as skylofts).. wonder what they give you for a breakfast credit. i wouldn't doubt if it's coupons like they do at bellagio

etm117 responded on Friday, 3rd January 2014

I wonder if they do a upgrade if available. Bellagio does not, but WynnCore does. This past October I was upgraded at Encore from a basic Tower Suite room to a Parlour Suite at check-in for free from the FHR benefit. A pretty bad-ass benefit if Aria does it.

Geoff replied on Saturday, 4th January 2014

i doubt it.... bellagio upgrade is just a "view" upgrade.. skylofts was a real upgrade in the past, but they changed that to a view upgrade too, so i'd bet thats a mgm thing..

DoubleD responded on Tuesday, 7th January 2014

I have had decent results in upgrading rooms. As a hard and fast rule, when staying a weekend (Friday and Saturday), it is hit or miss. But when it's during the week, I get upgraded. My favorite upgrade was at Mandarin Oriental when I went from a standard room to a suite, 2 levels above it - a corner, strip view suite. It was an incredible room.

Also, you have really have to bring it to the attention of the front desk, and do so delicately and politely.

The early check-in at noon (when applicable) is also a great benefit as they are often able to accommodate.