The Board at VegasTripping

Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed

Las Vegas MGM Resorts Sale!

Advertisement

Vegas Internet Mafia Family Picnic 2014

Vegas Meeting Hotels

Started by wpsteel66 on Tuesday, 14th January 2014 10:19 am
Last response by wpsteel66 15th January 5:40am

I read an article posted on another site of the top 100 meeting hotels in the US.

I counted 11 Vegas hotels on this list. Below are the names along with the ranking.

Venetian/Palazzo, 3
Aria, 4
Bellagio, 18
Cosmo, 27
Mandalay Bay, 36
Mirage, 38
Caesars Pal, 44
MGM Grand, 53
Red Rock, 56
Green Valley, 62
Wynn, 86

I have not attended meetings at all of these sites, but have a few times at Mandalay Bay and V/P. I prefer Mandalay Bay over V/P.

Yes, I know many items are factored into the ranking of these meeting hotels. But as a meeting attendee, MB is a better venue all round in my opinion.

Bellagio, Mirage, and CP also did a nice job for the meetings I have attended at these hotels. CP was a hike to get to the meeting rooms, but once there, nice setup and service.

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 socalduck responded on Tuesday, 14th January 2014

I've hosted meetings at Aria, Wynncore, Bellagio, Mirage, V/P Megacenter, and M-B. By Vegas standards, these are smaller meetings, typically between 100-300 people. Based on personal experience as a planner and feedback from our attendees, Aria and Bellagio would be my top two picks. V/P and M-B would be at the bottom of the list simply because the convention facilities are huge, and smaller groups tend to get lost in these behemoth complexes. I really like the meeting facilities (not to mention rooms and other amenities) at Encore, but they are not as flexible in negotiating F&B as some of their competitors. I'm actually working on an upcoming event, with bids out to Aria, Cosmo and Bellagio. Never worked with Cosmo before, but the layout actually works pretty good for our size of group, and the walking distances between the meetings rooms and guest rooms are reasonable.

wpsteel66 replied on Wednesday, 15th January 2014

One organization that I am a member has used at least twice the LV Convention Center, V/P, and Mandalay Bay (MB) for the annual 22,000+ attendee convention. Based upon my experience with these three, MB is overall a better meeting place. Yes, all three are very large centers and a lot of walking is necessary. But these three have the capacity to host a convention with the large attendance.

I have attended meetings at the other Vegas hotels, but only 100 to 350 people were registered. I thought these hotels did a nice job of accommodating and servicing our meetings. Plus the meeting space was ‘just right’ for the meeting size.

A few years ago, I worked with Monte Carlo for an evening meeting with about 100 people. They were really good to work with and appreciated our meeting being at their facility (even though we were not booking any rooms).