The Board at VegasTripping

Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed

Las Vegas MGM Resorts Sale!

Advertisement

Stevens plans for the courthouse site:

Started by chrisrobbins1980 on Thursday, 23rd January 2014 11:35 am
Last response by JeffinOKC 26th January 10:27am

http://www.lasvegassun.com/blogs/kats-report/2014/jan/06/downtown-trailblazer-accomplished-ad-and-legendary/

I'm guessing by making it into a fairground for the remainder of the year he can move his anniversary party there and make more money by being able to have a gated entrance to sell tickets to. After this year however, how big does he go? Tallest tower in downtown? Best pool complex? Automotive manufacturing plant to really hammer the Detroit theme?

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 chrisrobbins1980 replied on Thursday, 23rd January 2014

Yeah I remember reading that, I'm just surprised he's just gonna sit on it after demolition to host events. Stevens always took me as a more ambitious guy and would start building right away. Then again, permits and such can slow the process.

Chuckmonster replied on Thursday, 23rd January 2014

Permits, demolition, permits, planning, permits, financing, permits, design, permits, building, permits and then more permits.

Chuckmonster responded on Thursday, 23rd January 2014

Priorities are pool, spa, buffet/dining, mixed use club and concert hall, strip sized rooms, suites, high tech meeting spaces, vault to store all that bitcoin.

donnymac66 replied on Thursday, 23rd January 2014

And a Walgreens?

Chuckmonster replied on Thursday, 23rd January 2014

CVS, Thrifty, Wallgreens and The Beer Store

levans replied on Thursday, 23rd January 2014

Yay Beer Store

chrisrobbins1980 replied on Friday, 24th January 2014

I think they should also build a zipline...to a Walgreens pharmacy drive thru.

Chuckmonster replied on Friday, 24th January 2014

A zip-through stores could be the greatest idea ever. !!!!! That is a breakthrough !!!!

vespajet replied on Friday, 24th January 2014

Zipline thru liquor store for the alcoholic zipline rider that's in a hurry.

anawas replied on Saturday, 25th January 2014

Taking a shot of alcohol (tequila!) after riding a zipline actually would be awesome. Thus, I fully support a zipline to Walgreens (if it sells booze).

dadice responded on Saturday, 25th January 2014

Zipline to Colorado and back!!

JeffinOKC responded on Sunday, 26th January 2014

Seems to me that downtown is in such a state of flux from the Llama and other development that the smartest thing Stevens could do with the property is just what he is. Clear it as quickly as possible and monetize the dirt cheaply and nimbly. Study the macro trends for downtown that are now in place for the next 20 plus years and find the best fit.