The Board at VegasTripping

Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed

Las Vegas MGM Resorts Sale!

Advertisement

Vegas Internet Mafia Family Picnic 2014

Pool Openings

Started by Hillybean29 on Wednesday, 5th February 2014 12:05 pm
Last response by Hillybean29 1st March 8:38am

Does anyone have an idea of when the pools open again for the season? I think The Cosmopolitan opens theirs in March but I'm specifically interested in The Beach at Mandalay Bay. Also, will it be warm enough in the middle of March to enjoy them?
Thanks in advance for your input!

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 Chuckmonster responded on Wednesday, 5th February 2014

Mid-late March is when pools start to open.

This part of the country has had a real mixed bag of wintery weather here.... two weeks of unseasonably cold weather followed by a week of searing hotness. There is no definitive way to know what the weather will be like when you visit... late fall, winter and early spring can be blustery and often times quite cold.

Booking in March for pool time is a toss of the dice. I'd advise to wait till mid-April to May for *real* pool weather. Then again, if you hail from snow country, sitting by the pool in 65 degree weather might suit you just perfectly.

Hillybean29 responded on Wednesday, 5th February 2014

65 sounds wonderful...cold as hell frozen over here. I'm pretty done with it. I'm thinking I'll play it by ear but I'll be back in July for full blown summer.

vespajet responded on Wednesday, 5th February 2014

Some places like Caesars Palace and Golden Nugget have heated pools and stay open year-round. Marquee at Cosmo has gone and put up a dome so the party can still go on poolside this winter.

donnymac66 responded on Wednesday, 5th February 2014

We have been in March many times and the weather can be crappy. But we have still had pool time.

JakeZ responded on Thursday, 6th February 2014

First or second week of March is usually when the pools open for the season. The Wynn pool, where I work, usually opens fully for the season the first weekend in March.

The weather in March is usually hit or miss here. Some days its in the mid-70's, other days it drops into the mid-50's. But if you find a seat in the sun, its always warm.

vespajet responded on Thursday, 6th February 2014

March can be crazy weather-wise. When I was out there in March 2011, the weather was nice with highs in the upper 60s to lower 70s. I did see some folks poolside at the Tropicana when I stayed there. I've been out there in late March and the weather has typically been in the 70s although the last night of one trip, the temperature dropped pretty quickly.

Drake responded on Friday, 7th February 2014

Hold out until April. You can do it. It's just a few more weeks. Especially at a wide-open and breezy venue as The Beach. Low 80s beats mid-60s, not even close in terms of "Aahhhh."

Hillybean29 replied on Saturday, 1st March 2014

I really don't think I could wait until April for a Vegas trip...too excited and the pools aren't extremely important to my trips there. I'll be back in July and October and might get some pool time in between drinks and "gaming".

Hawaii50 responded on Friday, 28th February 2014

Regarding Cosmopolitan, does any one know if their terrace studios also have a usable refrigerator (not just for mini-bar)?

lewintn replied on Friday, 28th February 2014

In my experience at Cosmo, the only rooms that will have something beyond the mini-bar fridge (which you "can" store a few things in...but they may freeze...or cause mini-bar charges) are the Terrace Suite and above.

Hillybean29 replied on Saturday, 1st March 2014

I've stayed in the Terrace One Bedroom and the Wraparound Terrace. The Terrace One Bedroom does not have a large refrigerator but it looks like the Terrace Suite might have a large one because it mentions it in the amenities. You should call and make sure if it's really important to your trip.