Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed

Las Vegas MGM Resorts Sale!

Advertisement

Vegas Internet Mafia Family Picnic 2014

Caesars palace, tipping on check in.

Started by Wandrag on Sunday, 9th February 2014 5:06 am
Last response by mrdowntown 9th February 10:24am

Hi all,
I am looking for advice, I am staying at Caesars palace in Nov/Dec for 7 nights and have booked the Augustus tower already.
If I want to ensure I get a high floor with view of Bellagio fountains should I tip on check in ?
Happy to stay in this tower but want a room with view which I guess is not guaranteed when booking.
If so so what would you suggest, $20 or $50 ?
Thanks

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 andybflo responded on Sunday, 9th February 2014

Well...

I stay at CP virtually every trip to Vegas, and take the comp'd room they offer. That varies from trip to trip, but I've always bee able to throw a $20 to get a room upgrade.

My usual digs during pool season seem to be the Petite Suites in Palace (Steps from Pool,) on the keycard/VIP floors (13+), High floor Octavius, or Augustus. I always throw a $20, ask if there's anything nicer, and get a polite... What were you looking for, sir? That's from as low as a Forum Room Standard up to an Augustus Standard.

$20 is the trick; and it always works... Don't start tip inflation; every Vegas visitor might start to beat you up, if our "upgrades" go up in price.

I'll be there in about a month. I'll let you know how it works (Forum Standard reservation this trip.)

Tell them high room, facing a fountaian, and you're in.

vespajet responded on Sunday, 9th February 2014

Since they're already booked in the Augustus Tower, the $20 Trick is really unnecessary (Now if they were staying in the Forum Tower, the Roman Tower or the Palace Tower, then yeah do the $20 Trick.). This is one of those cases where you just need to ask at check-in.

mrdowntown responded on Sunday, 9th February 2014

During the week $20 should due. If its on a weekend, if they are full it will take all of the $50. After this trip you will be staying at Bellagio!