The Board at VegasTripping

Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed

Las Vegas MGM Resorts Sale!

Advertisement

It would sure beat the train

Started by jinx73 on Thursday, 13th February 2014 9:42 pm
Last response by lewintn 14th February 6:25pm

Interesting bundle from a Cosmo partner that I saw on Cosmo's Facebook and twitter stream.

Transportation for 4 to Vegas from LA in a car/sedan/suv, room at Cosmo, entry to Marque. $1200 total, or $300/piece

I have to say it\'s an interesting promotion, by my pencil it wouldn\'t seem to be a horrible deal, and from Cosmo\'s perspective, they have a way of discounting rooms without really giving anything away.

http://blog.uber.com/vegasondemand

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 Chuckmonster responded on Friday, 14th February 2014

this is really cool. i wonder what happens to the uber driver when you are in vegas? do they get a comp room and party favors?

jinx73 replied on Friday, 14th February 2014

No kidding, I started wondering about the drivers too, since the drivers seem to be contacted, I'm wondering what their cut is, I really became curious when it started talking about how if you want to stay more then one day you have to cut a deal with your driver, or that they aren't licensed in LV, but it's ok as the purchase for the return trip was done at the beginning where they were licensed.

lewintn replied on Friday, 14th February 2014

Thought the same thing...it's a ONE night deal for $1200! So, that includes the Uber driver, the vehicle, the gas, one night in a Cosmo room, and admission to Marquee for up to 4. A room at Cosmo can cost $700 or so on Friday/Saturday which are two of the nights when Marquee is open. I'm sure Cosmo offers a discounted rate, and so does Marquee...but still what does that leave for the Uber driver and his/her accommodations? The whole thing about Uber not being legal in Vegas and "working things out" with the driver adds a sketchy element, to me. Then, do the 4 super great friends bunk up in the Cosmo Terrace Studio which contains one king bed and one sectional sofa? No thanks.