The Board at VegasTripping

Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed

Las Vegas MGM Resorts Sale!

Advertisement

What are you Drinking-downtown

Started by shantytownbrown on Wednesday, 5th March 2014 7:10 am
Last response by skyyontherocks 7th March 6:40pm

I know we don't play for comps, but, who doesn't like a beverage with their Blackjack or VP??

Who/what and where am I drinking at least better than well drinks while I am playing Downtown?? What "calls" can I expect to be able to make? I am not looking for extravagance but JW Black over Red, and something better than Jim Beam or Jack on the US whiskey side of things???

We have rarely played and never stayed Downtown, but thinking of mixing it up a bit given the recent Trippies awards to the D and Golden Gate et al....

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 donnymac66 responded on Wednesday, 5th March 2014

Not sure if the El Cortez still has the shot and a beer special but the first time I met Chuck we were at the ElCo i Drank the beer and he got Johnny Black shot for $3 total.

mrdowntown responded on Wednesday, 5th March 2014

At the D Johnny Walker Black is no problem.

Chuckmonster responded on Wednesday, 5th March 2014

I always ask for Macallan, neat.

Chuckmonster replied on Wednesday, 5th March 2014

except when i'm mooching off of donnymac's twofer.

anawas responded on Thursday, 6th March 2014

From the bourbon/whiskey side of things, I usually ask for Makers on the rocks and get it most places I go. But I would work down this hierarchy until they have your bourbon:

1) Bookers (available from servers at Bellagio's blackjack pits; haven't tried elsewhere)
2 or 3) Woodford Reserve
3 or 2) Basil Hayden
4) Knob Creek
5) Makers Mark
6 or 7) Wild Turkey (101)
7 or 6) Crown Royal
8 or 9) Beam
9 or 8) Jack
10) Wild Turkey (81)

My completely uninformed guess is that the Golden Nugget will go as high as Knob Creek. The D, Plaza, Golden Gate and maybe Downtown Grand will have at least Makers. Everywhere else downtown won't.

skyyontherocks responded on Friday, 7th March 2014

El Cortez comps Stoli at the tables. The Parlour bar has a great menu at reasonable prices if you just want a drink.