The Board at VegasTripping

Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed

Las Vegas MGM Resorts Sale!

Advertisement

Thoughts/Recommendations

Started by on Wednesday, 9th April 2014 10:42 am
Last response by skyyontherocks 12th April 3:10pm

So I've been going to vegas off and on for the past few years staying at various properties on the strip ranging from Luxor to Aria. These trips consisted primarily of HS and college buddies.

This time however is different...I'll be visiting Vegas in August with my girlfriend for her first ever trip.

Gambling aside, looking for good shows, dinner recommendations.

More importantly looking for Hotel recommendations. Not trying to blow our entire bank but will spend in order for her to have the best first time vegas experience.

I am keeping in mind that we are visiting in August so pool accommodations are in play. Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 salkken responded on Wednesday, 9th April 2014

Hotel: How much do you want to spend? Just stayed at Encore on email deal and loved it. Monte Carlo stylish, classy and affordable.

Dinner: Strongly recommend Tender at Luxor for steakhouse options.

Show: Very much enjoyed Jabbawockeez at Luxor, which is often available at Tix4Tonight. Three different people who don't know each other told me Michael Jackson ONE at Mandalay Bay is best show in town. One said best show in ten years. It was on break when I was there. O at Bellagio is spectacular; KA at MGM is excellent. Comedy shows are affordable but very hit-or-miss and could offend her (depending on her sense of humor). Have a great trip!

replied on Friday, 11th April 2014

Thanks for the advice salkken!

Chuckmonster responded on Wednesday, 9th April 2014

How about telling us what your budget is like, what food you like to eat and some activities you enjoy (in addition to the pool).

Off the cuff, any terrace room with a fountain view at Cosmopolitan should be suitably mind blowing, but it may also spoil you for the future when you're room overlooks a network of heating ducts. Also worth noting that amidst the hyper-stylized Cosmo, there can be serious service lapses.

Bouchon at Venetian is often overlooked these days because there is newer shinier stuff, but it is still the best place in Vegas.

salkken replied on Wednesday, 9th April 2014

I bet a terrace with fountain view is amazing. Do you have any photos of that view?

RateVegas replied on Thursday, 10th April 2014

It is epic:

https://flic.kr/p/9gHTvY

Thanks, Chuck.

That suite looks great! Thanks for the advice man.

Long time visitor of the site. Great work on here.

Blakjackkid responded on Thursday, 10th April 2014

For a trip with a first-timer lady friend I would go with Bellagio or Caesars because of the classy accomodations/service/opulence, location, and pool.

Right on man. Thanks!

chrisrobbins1980 responded on Friday, 11th April 2014

It depends. Is this a girl you see a future in? If you answered yes, take the advice from the answers above. Is this a girl you're contemplating dumping? If you answered yes, take her ass to Circus Circus and never leave the property. You'll be single in no time.

LOL

Decisions, Decisions...

skyyontherocks responded on Saturday, 12th April 2014

Mon Abi Gabi (Paris), is typically a good place to take that special someone. The out door seating is the thing. However, even with the misting devices, August could be too uncomfortable. You could even impress her with your command of the French language. Mon Ami Gabi: " my friend Gaby". Have a great trip. Cheers.