The Board at VegasTripping

Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed

Las Vegas MGM Resorts Sale!

Advertisement

Vdara at Aria Las Vegas

Started by TIavEN on Sunday, 4th May 2014 2:43 pm
Last response by LeoNYC 6th May 3:17pm

Just received a promotional email from Vdara and I noticed something curious at the bottom--Vdara's logo says "Vdara Hotel and Spa at ARIA Las Vegas." Headed over to Vdara's website, and the new logo is consistently used there as well.

It's interesting to see MGM 'rebranding' Vdara as a sister property of Aria (as Steve did with "Treasure Island at The Mirage" back in the day). I guess the idea of City Center as a destination in itself and a point of reference for visitors never panned out. Instead of each of these properties being a piece of the City Center puzzle, as Murren originally planned, everything now seems to operate in relation to Aria. Maybe this was inevitable, or maybe it's just semantics, but it's an interesting change nonetheless.

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 anawas responded on Sunday, 4th May 2014

So, it's THEvdara?

Heresiarch responded on Tuesday, 6th May 2014

Sounds like "City Center" never gained traction in the public's imagination. I'd guess it's a bit like "Austin Pool Service" or "Las Vegas Marketing Systems, Incorporated" or other such bland, practical names. "I'm staying at the City Center Bed and Shower Complex." Um, no.

Plus, out here in flyover country, us yokels don't like non-English words like "Vdara", we think they're stpid.

Chuckmonster replied on Tuesday, 6th May 2014

+3 for the kicker.

blackjacker1979 responded on Tuesday, 6th May 2014

Also, that website is a hot mess.

LeoNYC responded on Tuesday, 6th May 2014

Placing "at Aria" after Vdara makes easy for people who are not familiar to Las Vegas to locate/find the hotel. It is just a marketing tool used especially on websites. Same happens to Encore. I have seen quite a few places calling Encore at Wynn Las Vegas instead of just Encore (Tripadvisor, for example). But the name at the facade still just Encore, Aria, TheHotel etc.