Started by donnymac66 on Tuesday, 6th May 2014 9:56 am
Last response by vespajet 8th May 1:40pm
Thought I would start a thread to share your highlights from #VT10.
Getting my traditional man-hug from Chuckmonster
seeing everyone, although too briefly
Hanging out at Bar Prohibition playing VT alongside Misnomer, who despite not feeling well was a trooper.
Meeting the best source for twitter Vegas news Detroit1051 in person
Enjoying the camaraderie of the first Vegas community I really felt part of.
While I was a member of other Vegas sites that pre-date VT, i didn't really fit in with any of them. The VT posse is an amazing group of people that all happen to love Vegas. For those that I didn't get a chance to talk to I hop to see you at #VIMFP.
Peace and Love
Report this topic as inappropriate.
MikeE responded on Tuesday, 6th May 2014
•Seeing everyone again.
•Having Derek Stevens deal us a hand of blackjack.
•Playing and epically winning at a blackjack table with the VT crew. After all these years, it boggles my mind that chuckmonster and I have never shared a blackjack table together.
•Seeing detroit1051 again after nearly nine years.
•Tossing chips at the go go dancers (they accept tips now and there's no gentlemanly way of doing it). Russell Sauvé and I decided that for every dealer pai gow, she'd get a chip. By the end of the day, she'd learned to duck every time she heard us scream "pai gow"!
vespajet replied on Wednesday, 7th May 2014
The Friday night blackjack session was epic. That was the first time I had ever played blackjack with Chuckmonster as well. Of course it got crazier after I left to head back to the Strip.
detroit1051 responded on Wednesday, 7th May 2014
Met so many great people, but I got very confused about Twitter Names vs Real Names. I'm going to try to do better in October. Best part, in addition to all the Trippers, was being at a real, live VegasGang podcast. Hunter, Chuck and Dave are really perfect together, and it was so much more fun than listening alone at home. #VT10 brought me downtown for the first time in many years. The changes intrigued me enough to extend my trip to stay one night in a D Suite. I'm going to post thoughts about my trip on the Board in a few days. See y'all on October 18th at ??? (I'm sure I know, but in case I'm totally wrong, I won't speculate until tomorrow at 4:11 PM PDT.)
rsauve responded on Wednesday, 7th May 2014
- Gambling session with Mike E. See his post. The dancers went from flinching to active participants.
- VP Session with Donny and Vespa.
- Hearing about Friday night at The D from different people. Each version painted a deeper and more hysterical picture.
-Trying the loose meat hotdog from American Coney.
donnymac66 replied on Wednesday, 7th May 2014
I forgot about the Thursday night VP session at The Cromwell, those bartenders wrecked me. Glad it was a short stumble back to the room!!
vespajet replied on Thursday, 8th May 2014
The late night VP session at The Cromwell really took it out of me. It took me until late Friday afternoon before I felt myself again (Massive amounts and water and Advil barely helped.). Lunch at Stripburger actually made me feel even more logy (Probably should have went with a beer instead of a boozy milkshake.).
The American Special at American Coney Island is awesome. The main reason why I headed to Fremont Street as early as I did was for some American Coney Island.
jinx73 responded on Thursday, 8th May 2014
Ugh, so many memories, and so many that are sort of lost in the haze of the weekend. Very good time seeing everyone.
Some of my highlights.
- Talking pugs with Chuckmonster and Miss M
- Lunch with Blackjacker and Mike E
- everything covered in Gravy or cheese is better
- Having a chance to relax, drink a bit, watch the derby with a number of the crew at the D.
- The impromptu meetup at Coney Island, where we all let the Vegas nerd in us shine during the discussions.
- seeing DonnyMac, Coral, and Vespajet for VT10 night and getting to say goodbye over at the MC
- the shoes
- trying to remember where the hell we had dinner Saturday night, it was good once we finally got there.
- Getting a chance to meet everyone, many for the 2nd or 3rd times at the VT10 meetup
- Walking in and out of the Golden Nugget mexican restaurant in record time
-Watching MikeE storm off at the ridiculousness of Freebet blackjack
-Playing freebet blackjack and being instructed on the proper hand motions and procedures (I'm not a fan either Mike :) )
- Great service as always at the D, without the VT8 I attended or so much positive feedback from the community, I likely wouldn't have moved a large portion of my stays downtown.
- I wish there was more time and a chance to sit and talk with more of you and or just hang out and gamble have fun, it's so funny how even with a small shared 'hobby' it's easy to feel like fast old friends regardless of how often we've talked.