The Board at VegasTripping

Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed

Las Vegas MGM Resorts Sale!

Advertisement

Vegas Internet Mafia Family Picnic 2014

I WAS ROBBED WHILE IN THE ROOM!!! Caesars Entertainment!

Started by iemak on Tuesday, 13th May 2014 5:10 pm
Last response by zach1234 1st August 12:17am

I WAS ROBBED WHILE IN THE ROOM!!! They have still not explained or cooperated to help with an investigation!!! Here's the latest letter I sent to them...

CCMSI - Ceasars Entertainment Incident DL20140545435
Las Vegas NV Metro Case LLV140318002623
5-6-2014

To whom it may concern,

I am writing this in regards to a stay we had at the Quad Resort on 3-18-2014. Our locked room was entered that night while we slept. Suitcase and many other items were taken, all which can be replaced.

The real issue here is that someone must have had a Master key to get past the lock. This is a scary fact the more you think about it.

Security took a report, I filed a police report and they asked if there was any video surveillance. Well I called and have asked that 4 different times with no answer to this day. Do you really care about getting my stuff back?

I was sent a letter from CCMSI, called as requested to Barbara Humphries, I was told that an adjuster would call me within 48 hours. A week later I called back that they still hadn't called. Barbara said that rarely happens and that they would be in touch in a day or two. I did get a call finally and was asked the same questions as security had reported and was told they would send a letter in a week.

Well it had been at least a month so I called 4-30 to Barbara again, she forwarded the call and I left a message. As of 5-5 still no call back, so I left a message where we started with the Quad risk management and of course RT Germain passed it on to Michelle Stackland which has not gotten back to me. What's new...

You know the personal property that we lost is not the problem, it's the way you have gone about handling a bad situation. No explanations, no help, nothing but avoiding and passing the problem on.

I've been a Diamond card player at Harrah's for well over 10 years consecutively and will certainly not attempt to play at any affiliated place very much in the future. I deserve to know how they got in the room, was there video and what was done to try and mitigate the problem.

You have definitely lost a long time customer and I have already told friends and associates' what happen in Vegas and how it's been handled.

Obviously you don't care!

SWK

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 Chuckmonster responded on Tuesday, 13th May 2014

I'm sorry that you had your stuff violated... a month ago I returned to the Super 8 in Kentucky to find the hotel door open... miraculously, nothing was taken or even touched. The wind did it!

Hotel room thefts take place a hundred times a each day in Las Vegas, probably more. The hotels deal with this all the time, and from my experience as listener and moderator of Vegas theft complaints over the last 10 years, I can assure that the hotel is looking into it... gathering information in the hopes of piecing together a pattern that will result in the culprit being caught. They're also checking to see if you have a history of insurance claims, claiming hotel thefts or other fraudulent financial activity. Surprise!

The good news is that a bunch of folks who have escalated their issues via the VT Board have had their situation investigated again. The bad news is that once they've called in the insurance arbitrator, you're in a slow motion landing pattern towards a resolution. They're going to make you wait it out before even considering cutting you a check.

I would love it some of the other folks who have been robbed piped in here about their experience and timeline for resolution.

mac78130 responded on Tuesday, 13th May 2014

Use those security latches if the room has one..

motoman replied on Tuesday, 13th May 2014

+1 Yes, this.

I would never trust the battery-powered cardkey lock alone. The deadbolt, while I'm sure it could also be bypassed by hotel security for obvious reasons, gives priceless added peace of mind.

And, not accusing you but, with the amount of alcohol consumed in Vegas (or any vacation destination, really) can you ever be absolutely sure you securely shut the door? Being in the habit of turning that latch, or even using the peg-and-slot door stopper, is free insurance.

(Semi-related side note: back in college when students tended to see the dorm as their "house" and their room as their "bedroom" rather than an apartment, many left their doors unlocked. Some girl awoke to a stranger fondling her leg. He left a present on her blanket. Ick. No DNA testing back then....)

Chuckmonster replied on Tuesday, 13th May 2014

Motoman - did she catch you... uh... I mean the guy who did it?

Skywise replied on Tuesday, 13th May 2014

+1 as well. I just returned from a stay at the Wynn and was surprised to see a warning on the inside of the door to use the latch for my own safety when inside the room. Wild. I've never seen that at other Vegas hotels I've stayed at.

And just as an aside, I drunkenly tried several times to get into my room of 17027 and couldn't get my card to bleep bleep and then somebody flushed the toilet inside MY room! Which is when I realized I was staying in room 18027. :)

salkken replied on Tuesday, 13th May 2014

Zing! Good one, Chuck!

motoman replied on Wednesday, 14th May 2014

Oh, man! And I (thought I was) so glad to meet y'all at VT10...!

vespajet replied on Wednesday, 14th May 2014

Exactly.

On top of that, some folks must be either passed out drunk or really heavy sleepers for someone to enter their room and take stuff. I also wonder how many folks didn't check to make sure that door was completely shut?

anawas responded on Tuesday, 13th May 2014

Automatic locks. Manual deadbolts. Manual internal third latches. Every night. Every hotel room.

Anyway, sucks to be violated. I hope you get your stuff back. Or barring that, at least your peace of mind back.

levans responded on Wednesday, 14th May 2014

Hope the hotel solves your issue but I always use the dead bolt. It stops the cleaning staff from waking you up to clean your room.

Drake responded on Wednesday, 14th May 2014

Wow. Unbelievable. This is shocking. A Diamond card holder stayed at the Quad?

Sorry for your bad experience, but please fill us in. Why??!!!

That throws a real red flag to me (that and the fact they've been cutting and pasting this same post on Facebook, Yelp and a number of other places online).

Chuckmonster replied on Wednesday, 14th May 2014

I agree this post is fishy... dude has never come here before and hasn't come back since posting it. We get one of these hatchet sharpening posts about hotel crime, but I do think that it is a good reminder for us to lock the doors, bolt the doors and put expensive stuff in the safe.

donnymac66 replied on Thursday, 15th May 2014

The colour of the card does not indicate the value of comps you will get, Average Daily Theoretical is what determines the value of comps you receive. Someone could go play $50 a day at their local cET joint and make diamond over the course of a year and their ADT would be so low they would not qualify for much in up front comps. But even a low level diamond should at least get Flaming-O or Paris as a comp.

rbg81601 responded on Wednesday, 14th May 2014

A diamond level player at the Quad? What, did he book his wife in a suite at Caesars, then pick up a hooker and take her to The Venereal Palace?

vespajet responded on Wednesday, 14th May 2014

Looking at the Facebook page for the Quad, there are a lot of 1-Star "reviews" that mention room thefts.

motoman replied on Wednesday, 14th May 2014

So, potentially legit? Perhaps the clientele there is just less familiar with the concept of deadbolts & door latches. Like the dorm girl with the messy blanket....

The dates on most of them seem to be spaced out enough for them not to be some sort of concerted effort. Now the person that posted here just seems to be throwing a lot of red flags. This person has hit a host of Vegas-related forums in recent days with this same exact post (not to mention the FB pages for The Quad and Flamingo as well). This is someone with an ax to grind.

Drake replied on Thursday, 15th May 2014

An ax to grind ... or tracks to cover?

rbg81601 brought up the hooker scenario and he has a point. I'd bet 99% of Vegas visitors who are "robbed while in the room!" are drunks who get rolled by a hooker while they're off in the bathroom whistling away on the can.

They're too drunk to notice that she cleared out the safe he left open, or went through his pants and suitcase like a pro, in the few minutes he was gone.

How can he explain THAT to his wife back home?

Drake replied on Thursday, 15th May 2014

...and that's just garden-variety "opportunity" hooker theft. A more pernicious form of this is the felony-minded hooker who actually spikes the guy's drink with something to put him to sleep. If that happens, he's really screwed. She's out the door luggage and all.

vespajet replied on Thursday, 15th May 2014

Good point about it maybe being a trick roll and this person trying to cover their tracks. It could explain why they're posting this same thing on multiple sites as well.

jinx73 responded on Thursday, 15th May 2014

The Diamond in Quad also gave me pause, but I will say after tracking Caesars rooms for my stays over the last years, that they've definitely tightened up for comps, especially if you aren't planning far out in advance.

I agree though that even if it's fake, it's a nice reminder to bolt your door and to make sure when you leave your room you are pushing against the door to verify closing.

For us drinkers, I've found just getting in the habit of using the latch even when sober is the best way to proceed, regular pattern every time coming in the room goes along way for ROTE memory :)

slade responded on Thursday, 15th May 2014

May not be a popular opinion on this site, however, here goes nothing:

-Hire a local attorney to act on your behalf.
-Yes, pay a retainer
-Diamond Status (or even Platinum) indicates an ability to spend a few coins in and around Vegas and having a lawyer always helps; especially a local Las Vegas attorney that after consultation would indicate your options with or without legal assistance.

But the deadbolt, extra bar-lock device is the cheaper option.

Chuckmonster replied on Thursday, 15th May 2014

I agree. Sue the shit out of them!

8splitter replied on Friday, 16th May 2014

The trouble with that plan is that the only actual damages he incurred were the stolen luggage which he himself described as not a big deal. Unless NV has an innkeeper liability statute that imposes a particular duty of care upon innkeepers and statutory civil remedies for aggrieved guests, he may have no civil cause of action entitling him to damages other than the cost of the luggage and its contents. It won't be worth an experienced lawyer's time. Again, assuming this story is real, this was a crime for the police and DA to address.

zach1234 responded on Friday, 1st August 2014

Sorry to hear about the theft. I always hide my personal valuables (canadian passport, for example). I have seen security easily open the room safes (a drunk story hah). I always avoid the safes, and hide any valuables in the room. Knock on wood, never had a house broke in to.