Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed

United Vacations Las Vegas Deals!

Advertisement

Slotzilla or High Roller

Started by Hillybean29 on Thursday, 5th June 2014 11:59 am
Last response by levans 6th June 10:46pm

I'm planning my July couples trip and it typically includes the following:
Thurs: Downtown-Dinner and Gaming
Fri: Activity (rides at Stratosphere, we drove Formula One cars before, etc.) of some sort, reception in our suite, a table at a club
Sat: Pool day, dinner and a show
Yes, we have reserved dinner at Andiamo and I can't wait to try it. Again, I'm hoping to be put on the payroll like all of you.
So my question...has anyone tried Slotzilla on Fremont Street? I like an exciting adrenaline filled activity and I'm wondering if this is worth it? I'm guessing it will take about 5 minutes though, so maybe we can do this in the evening after Andiamo and plan something else for the daytime activity? Maybe try the Neon Museum or some other attraction? Or maybe even the High Roller?
Thoughts and suggestions...

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 Chuckmonster responded on Thursday, 5th June 2014

I advise against getting on a zip line after eating.

If you do go to High Roller and are renting a car use Linq valet parking right at the base of the wheel.

Hillybean29 replied on Thursday, 5th June 2014

Ha! I knew I would get that response!

blissfulignoramus replied on Friday, 6th June 2014

This raises a question: Has there been an instance of technicolor rain from the Fremont Street zipline? If it hasn't happened yet, I have to imagine that it's only a matter of time.

And if it were to happen, would anyone be able to tell if it occurred during one of the VivaVision shows?

rocklobster responded on Friday, 6th June 2014

I did the Neon Museum right before Christmas. I didn't get to go at night because it sold out and they don't post that online when you try to purchase tickets. I did go during the day and the guide told us a lot of interesting facts about the signs and some Vegas history. It is fun for pictures and doesn't take too long. I think there is a package that you can get tickets for the Neon Museum and the Mob Museum for a discount. I wouldn't recommend walking to the Neon Museum, it is kind of sketchy. If you are looking for something different, you can take a tour of the Zappos headquarters. It might sound like a weird thing to do on vacation, but if you learn some history about the company you will know it is a different kind of company. I didn't get to go because the tours were not being held during the holiday, but I plan to go next time.

Hillybean29 replied on Friday, 6th June 2014

Thanks Rocklobster!

n580564x responded on Friday, 6th June 2014

Hi Hilly,

I don't have 1st hand lmowledge of either, but i would like to pass along my brother's and sister's experience since both just got back on Monday from a weekend trip. My brother did not do the Linq as he is more of a downtown type of guy, but he loved the Slotzilla (his 2nd time)! He said it seemed longer than the old zipline from a couple of years ago when he 1st rode the zipline, of course he did admit that he was very hammered and it may only be a drunken memory (or lack therof). My sister and Brother in law went to both and my sister loved the views of the High roller, she said that she was there at night and thought it was better than the Eiffel tower in front of Paris. She and her husband were on a compartment shared by about 15 other people (I understand that right now that is about as full as a compartment gets) and she would do it again. My sister also enjoyed the Slotzilla, but mentioned that if she could only do 1 of the 2 she would do the High Roller. I myself am looking forward to the Zipline, I have a trip planned for either July, 18 or August, 1, it will depend which days are approved by work. I prefer a thrill over the views, but if my wife can convince me, who knows? lol

levans responded on Friday, 6th June 2014

I would do the Neon and the Mob Museums. When i went to Neon my friends and I took a cab there then walked back to Fremont since it was the middle of the afternoon. During the daytime is the only time I would suggest that.