The Board at VegasTripping

Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed

Advertisement

Elaine Wynn & SLS Las Vegas?

Started by vespajet on Monday, 30th June 2014 11:53 am
Last response by vespajet 30th June 4:15pm

Someone is claiming on the Facebook page of one of the various Vegas sites that Elaine Wynn is involved in the ownership of SLS Las Vegas. Considering none of the expected media outlets one would see such news posted have made no such mentions, I'm skeptical of this. Even whispers of this would have made it to the gossip columns.

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 Chuckmonster responded on Monday, 30th June 2014

Never heard any of that... my guess is someone got confused by the rumors that Elaine was interested in buying Cosmopolitan at some point. Why would Elaine trade dollars for penny points in any leveraged property when she's already got a chunk of Wynn global?

SBE/Stockbridge are the owners and financed via JP Morgan and matching funds via US Govt. EB-5 program. It is possible that Elaine may have give a bridge loan for points (via Rob Oseland?) but I doubt there is much more to it than that. Also, Nazarian already has one leg in bed with MGM.

Smells suspect.

vespajet replied on Monday, 30th June 2014

My thoughts exactly. Something like that is a bit too big to fly under the radar. More than likely this is one of those "I know a guy that knows a guy that saw Elaine Wynn hanging out at the SLS in L.A. with Sam Nazarian." things. If Norm Clarke or Robin "Vegas Double Cheeseburger Deluxe" Leach haven't said anything about it, then you know this is some out there rumor.

Chuckmonster replied on Monday, 30th June 2014

Very probably. Norm is a reporter, he has journalistic integrity. Vegas Cheeseburger Deluxe can barely hold a squeez pak of mustard to Norm's accuracy or quality.

vespajet replied on Monday, 30th June 2014

Supposedly this is an open secret in Vegas and the person says they were told of it by a dealer at M Resort that went to apply for a job at SLS and was told by someone at SLS that she was involved with the project. This person then mentioned it their current host at Wynn as well as their former Wynn host (who has moved on to SLS) and both said it was true.

If Elaine Wynn really is involved with SLS Las Vegas, there would be a paper trail that would confirm it.