The Board at VegasTripping

Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed

Las Vegas MGM Resorts Sale!

Advertisement

Quick Trip Summary

Started by tminton on Friday, 11th July 2014 9:56 am
Last response by crapshappy 30th July 12:12pm

Trip to Vegas

Caesars Palace is huge but this is more about my stay in Vegas so that it may help others.

Caesars Palace...beautiful as always. I started off with the $20 sandwich and we were upgraded from our Roman Tower room to the Palace Tower on the 16th floor overlooking the pool. The tower itself is in the very back of the property. Long hike to get to elevators. The room was extremely nice and with two separate bathrooms, double shower, jacuzzi tub, sofa, chair and extra square footage. Even number rooms face the pool and odd numbers face the north strip. If you have children and stay in the Palace Tower overlooking the pool, be warned, you are directly over the Venus pool (topless). The entrance to all seven pools is located at the Palace Tower elevators, so they were very easy to get to. Caesars is a great place to stay. Especially for a comped room!

Places to eat...we didn't eat at Caesars but I am sure the food is extremely good. Having been to Vegas before, we remembered a few spots that helped our budget for food. In the Miracle Mile Mall (Planet Hollywood), stop by the mall desk and get get a coupon book. You have to ask for it, they are not just laying out. In that book is a coupon for 20% any meal at La Cantina. The wife and I had breakfast each morning there with coffee for $8.74 (total bill). The breakfast included two eggs any style, choice of bacon or sausage, fried potatoes, tortillas. Also, in the coupon book is a coupon for Cabo Wabo. They offer a buy one get one free on a frozen 12oz drink. That was a $5 bill for two drinks. Not quite the selection but cheap none the less. At Planet Hollywood, everyday from 4-8pm, Planet Dailies offers an 8oz Prime Rib with two vegetables and salad for $9.99. We ate there all three nights. We thought it was very good but who knows what Chef Ramsey would say! We usually only eat two meals a day in Vegas so I really cannot comment on anything else other that Aunt Annie's cinnamon pretzel bites. Best dessert I had!

Things to do...so we visited the Gold and Silver Pawn shop. Still cool to see some of the items from the show. If you go, take the bus to the Bonneville Transit stop and then you will need to walk from there. It is about 3-4 blocks. We then ventured over to see Rick's Restoration and walked (mistake). It was a good mile I guess. The walk wasn't bad but the heat and part of town your in isn't the best. It was worth seeing and you will see all the people you see on the show. Unlike the pawn shop from my experience. If you are driving, there is free parking at both locations. In the past, we have visited the Mob Museum. It was neat to see one time but I probably wouldn't go back for a second time. If you can find the band JAMM, go check them out. We saw them at the Paris and Tropicana. Very good lounge band. Look them up on Facebook JAMMLV.

Downtown...still there and seems to be thriving. Of course they offer cheaper table games and everything else. Never stayed on Fremont but wouldn't say no. No doubt it seems to be much more laid back than the strip. If that is what you are looking for, worth a visit!

Side notes...we usually take a shuttle to get to the hotel. Ours left the airport in 15 minutes and off to hotel. When we come back from the hotel, we take a taxi. (Sometimes share with another couple) only because we can figure our time to leave much easier than a shuttle back. Taxi fare from Caesars this time was $14 plus tip.

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 Okie21 responded on Friday, 11th July 2014

$14 plus tip for a cab, but what was the shuttle cost for both of you? Seems like CP and south it is about the same price or cheaper to take a cab as long as you don't get long-hauled.

tminton responded on Friday, 11th July 2014

This time the taxi was cheaper..Our shuttle was $16. Previously, we have paid as much as $22 for the cab but it all depends on traffic and lights! I like the set cost of a shuttle and the quickness of a taxi. I'm sure it all evens out in the end.

hobgoblin7777 responded on Friday, 11th July 2014

That Prime Rib special you mention at Planet Hollywood sounds like quite the deal. I'll have to check that out on my next trip!

sybgal responded on Saturday, 12th July 2014

Great info, thanks for sharing. Is the prime rib dinner with a coupon or just one of their specials?

tminton responded on Saturday, 12th July 2014

Unadvertised special but we used it in March as well as July so it is an ongoing thing.

crapshappy responded on Wednesday, 30th July 2014

I used to take a taxi, or occasional shuttle from the airport to my mid strip (Caesars properties) location. After I figured in the round trip airport cost, and a round trip to Fremont, I realized it's more cost effective to rent a car. There are few locations encountered that require parking fees. Important to know, your credit card small print covers the need for the additional insurance the rental places try to lock you in to. Much more freedom and flexibility with the car.