The Board at VegasTripping

Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed

United Vacations Las Vegas Deals!

Advertisement

Dining Plans Fell Thru, Now What?

Started by PaleRider on Wednesday, 3rd September 2014 4:15 pm
Last response by Toro66 6th September 9:00pm

My wife and I are going to be in Vegas in 3 weeks and have found our dinner plans for a Monday evening have fallen thru. We are trying to decide were we should have our last evening dinner, L'atelier, Julian Serrano or try out DB Brassiere.

We are big foodie types and love Robouchon, but we wondering if these other places are worth giving a try?

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 HedgedBettor responded on Wednesday, 3rd September 2014

My foodie faves in town right now are Tetsu (probably the best execution of truly simple cuisine I've ever eaten and by far the highlight of my last trip), Sage (consistently excellent New American) and Twist (a touch uneven, but the high points are as high as they get with fine cuisine). I've done Julian Serrano and wasn't a fan; I've been to L'Atelier in New York and its an excellent option, but if you've done Robuchon why not try something new? DB Brasserie I've never eaten at but I've eaten at enough Boulud restaurants to say you can pretty much bank on a meal thats good but not great, unless you're at Cafe Boulud which can touch the rarefied heights at its best.
Be sure to write up a trip report so we can all hear about the best spots...

Chuckmonster responded on Wednesday, 3rd September 2014

HedgedBettor nails the list of restaurants that have been on my list for sometime, all usurped by my idiotic choices to review stuff that recently opened.

Twist, Sage, Tetsu, Blue Ribbon, Mizumi and half of Chinatown.

anawas responded on Wednesday, 3rd September 2014

I'll cast a vote for Julian Serrano and its small-plates setup, since you can try lots of food for the same amount of money. The restaurant can get crowded, though.

Also, I've never heard a bad word about DB Brassiere.

kayday responded on Friday, 5th September 2014

I would also suggest Scarpetta at the Cosmopolitan as an option. I was there on Labor Day and thoroughly enjoyed the chef's tasting menu. The room is smallish and quiet with a terrific view of the Bellagio fountains. Tables are nicely spaced.

The bread they serve is delicious, but don't eat too much of it if you go with the tasting menu, which is a lot of very, very tasty food. My favorite course was the duck, which I wished had come just a little earlier in the proceedings, when I wasn't so full.

The only disappointment we had was with the service, which was fine but just a little off (missing silverware for one course, forgotten port we had to ask for). Still I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it or to go back.

Blakjackkid responded on Saturday, 6th September 2014

I like Serrano's but I prefer his Picasso's even better. It's a lot more formal but man is the food good (get the wine pairing!) and you can't beat the ambiance!

Toro66 responded on Saturday, 6th September 2014

Can't go wrong with L'Attelier - I've eaten at the one in Vegas and the now-gone one in New York, get seats at the counter so you can watch the workshop.

Another vote for either Twist or Picasso too - both have wonderful food and great dining experiences.

Want to go all in? You've eaten at Robouchon so try Guy Savoy - I just ate there last week, was on par with anything I've ever tried and I've tried a few :)