Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed

Expedia.com!

Airfare, Hotels, Rental Cars, Vacation Packages

Southwest Vacations logo!

Advertisement

Basic room on strip and Fremont.

Last edit: Coreyjohnson2007 on Sunday, 29th January 2017 9:33 am
Last response by levans 1st February 12:39am

Howdie- my brother and I are headed out for 2 nights 4/4&5. Looking for 1 night on the strip and 1 night on Fremont st. Thinking basic 2queen room and looking at flamingo and golden nugget. Does this sound good or do you have another suggestion? We plan to meet our father and stepmother there, golf each day then just play around a little at night. Thoughts or suggestions?

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 donnymac66 responded on Sunday, 29th January 2017

Nugget is arguably the class of downtown and a great pick.

Flamingo can be hit or miss. I would look at Mirage, Ballys, MGM Grand and Planet Hollywood instead.

If you are playing golf in Summerlin also look at Red Rock, Suncoast and JW Marriott. All close to great courses and really nice hotels.

parchedearth responded on Sunday, 29th January 2017

Nugget is good choice, followed by TheD and Downtown Grand. I would pick most places over Flamingo. The Linq should be a similar price and is next door.

n580564x responded on Monday, 30th January 2017

Golden nugget is the best place downtown, by far. If you are looking for a more modest priced place The D and Golden Gate are the place to stay. You can't go wrong room wise at the grand either, but you have to be willing to walk 5 minutes. As far as the Flamingo? NO!!! lol stay at the linq, monte carlo or Bally's, they are modestly priced and you don't have to worry about disgusting bathrooms like at the flamingo.

levans responded on Wednesday, 1st February 2017

The Linq has the vest value and the dining options are off the chain. Flamingo is hit and miss with mostly miss unless you get a Go room so pick the Linq. As for downtown Golden Nugget works for me. I would even take a shot at Downtown Grand.