Expedia.com!

Airfare, Hotels, Rental Cars, Vacation Packages

Southwest Vacations logo!

Advertisement

Du-Par's at the Golden Gate Closing 2/8/17

Last edit: vespajet on Tuesday, 7th February 2017 4:38 pm
Last response by vespajet 9th February 3:13pm

Du-Par's closing at Fremont Street on Wednesday

According to the press release, they had been having issues with making payment for an extended period of time. The place was just about always packed, so you have to wonder what happened behind the scenes. Their location at Suncoast remains open. I'm guessing that the closure will be short-lived and will reopen soon (I'm predicting it'll reopen under the Bay City Diner name it previously used and likely run by the folks that run Andamo and the D Grill.). I really liked the place, but I have to say that my meal there during VIMFP last year, service seemed to have slipped.

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 vespajet responded on Tuesday, 7th February 2017

Based on some photos being posted on the multi-Trippy award winning FHBM FB group, it's already closed.

EnglishBill responded on Thursday, 9th February 2017

Service has always been poor. Rude people, who act as if showing you to your table or bringing you your order. was some sort of favour. The meal always took forever & the drink would arrive long after the food was gone.
I really hope the new people train their staff to be professional.

vespajet replied on Thursday, 9th February 2017

My last visit there was during VIMFP back in October and it was probably the worst service I have had there (I've had a few other less than positive service experiences there over the years, but not as bad as this one. The first time I ate there, they tried to give me French toast even though I ordered pancakes and a few years later, it took about a half hour to get my food and people that had gotten there after me were getting their food.). I sat at the counter (This was just after midnight and the place wasn't busy at all.) and the kitchen was in chaos (They were obviously training new kitchen staff and they were messing up orders.). The servers seemed as though they really didn't want to be there and when my food arrived, I had to ask for silverware because they never gave me any at the time I sat down. So looking back on that visit, I'm guessing that the "payments" issue that led to their sudden closure may have been going on back then.