Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed

Expedia.com!

Airfare, Hotels, Rental Cars, Vacation Packages

Southwest Vacations logo!

Advertisement

How To Write A Great Trip Report

Last edit: Chuckmonster on Thursday, 28th April 2011 5:17 pm
Last response by jinx73 1st May 7:26pm

For those who wish to post Trip Reports, we have opened a dedicated sub forum just for you (see the "Trip Reports" tab over there on the left?)

In the hopes of keeping the VT forum as "discussion based" as possible, we have some suggestions to help make your trip reports become ones that people look forward to reading, not ones they gloss over.

Tip #1: Be brief. Outline ten points you want to make and work your way out from there. We don't need to know everything that happened, just the interesting stuff. One or two sentences about each is more than enough to get the discussion going.

Tip #2: Write a hearty descriptive title. "Trip Report 2/13" isn't appetizing at all. "How My Wife Ruined A Romantic Weekend Getaway at Bellagio" certainly is. "Perfect Pool Party Weekend At ARIA" or "Cosmopolitan Foodie Extravaganza." Be creative and always include the gist of activities you did plus the hotel you stayed at in the title.

Tip #3: Cut the ten points down to the best seven.

Tip #4: Use a web browser that does spell check and help us protect apostrophes from continual abuse.

Tip #5: If you've posted your trip report on other forums, there is no reason to post it here as most of the folks who read The Board read all the other ones too.

We look forward to your witty trip reportage!

(See... I made 7 points!)

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 kelsey responded on Thursday, 28th April 2011

Well call me embarrassed.

Rockymountainroller replied on Thursday, 28th April 2011

Don't be. I found your report interesting, especially since not many talk about staying at Vdara. I will not need spellcheck in my Trip Reports as I was a champeen spellar in the 4th grad.

Chuckmonster replied on Thursday, 28th April 2011

This isn't in response to your topic... this is in response to the sharp increase in Trip Reports that have been posted over the last few months.

blissfulignoramus responded on Thursday, 28th April 2011

The trip reports are great... keep 'em coming in the subforum! The best thing about Vegas is people-watching, and the reason is that so many different types of people are there. I want to hear people's impressions of their stay at Circus Circus and their 99 cent hot dog at Slots A Fun as much as I want to hear about Bouchon and Encore. These are great suggestions, but I hope people don't feel inhibited about contributing if they aren't Anthony Lane.

Chuckmonster replied on Thursday, 28th April 2011

this is why we have the subforum... a place to go nuts sharing/discussing trip reports.

jammoral responded on Friday, 29th April 2011

Well played. So I am to assume 7 is your lucky number???

DyceKid responded on Friday, 29th April 2011

Still waiting on a "very detailed" strip club report.

jinx73 replied on Sunday, 1st May 2011

That would be an interesting topic for a report, and definitely points that I haven't shared in other ones, ah too bad I've used the same screen name across boards.