Flamingo Spared the Wrecking Ball - Harrahs Announces Room Upgrades
Late last week Harrah's Entertainment announced an adventurous plan to upgrade rooms at the aging Flamingo. Would they plan an extensive room renovation plan just before blowing the joint up? Certainly not. We can therefore take Flamingo off our 'endangered species' list of Vegas casinos. Can we get an Amen?
Here's the rundown of what the new rooms will feature.
- 54 rooms/suites are currently being refurbished
- 636 rooms and suites will be completed by February 2007
- Reservations for the new accommodations will be available beginning September 2006 online at the Flamingo's website
- At hotel check-in, guests will receive a CD of rock songs specially compiled for the hotel, along with newly designed room keys that complement the resort's new room decor. [night ranger? - ed]
- Redesigned elevator banks and vibrantly striped hallways [the elevators need an overhaul - ed]
- Floors 17-26 have a total of 54 renovated rooms per floor - 48 standard rooms, 4 mini suites and 2 Royal Suites.Floors 27 and 28 hold a total of 48 rooms per floor- 40 standard rooms, 4 mini suites, 2 Royal Suites and 2 Classic suites.
- Color schemes? White vinyl with a splash of Flamingo pink
- Bedrooms feature oversized white vinyl headboards, posh carpet, and sleek, modern furniture. Ultra-soft pillow-top mattresses are tripled-sheeted with plush linens and are flanked with LED chrome reading lights.
- Deluxe bathrooms include stylish frosted glass walls and doors, multiple jetted shower fixtures and luxurious bath amenities. [Very cool! - ed]
- Gadget addicts rejoice: the new accommodations feature hi fi sound systems with MP3 player docking station, CD/ DVD player, 42" flat panel tv, high definition television sets and built-in screens in the bathroom mirrors [something to drown out the racket coming from Pure at 5am - ed].
- Interior design concepts developed by Cagley & Tanner
The Latest:The Resort Fee Arms Race
Wynn Buffet, Zoozacrackers and Terrace Pointe To Be Renovated
The Mint - The Birth of A Giant
VegasTripping: Ep. 1 - Neon
Peekaboo: The Rooms at Resorts World Las Vegas - Updated
Vegas Gang #115: Wish You Were Here
Encore's Massive Room Redesign Is Coming In 2015
Four Seasons Pool Renovation Underway
The Steve Wynn Show: Treasure Island The Adventure Begins
The Ghost of Bill's Doody
The Executives: The Lurve Boat
» Complete Archive