Roulette : How To Play : Wheels
Roulette. Simple, right? Pick a number by placing chips on table in the corresponding spot. You can also choose Black, Red, Odd, Even, Rows, Columns, Corners, 0 or 00. The dealer spins the wheel and shoots the ball in the opposite direction. It bounces around then settles on a number. If your number/color/combination comes up, you win. If not, you lose. Its really that simple.
Once you understand the basic bets, payouts and plays involved in roulette, you're pretty much done. There are NO sytems, strategies or methods of betting that will cut down the house advantage at Roulette. Simply said, Double Zero Roulette is one of the worst games in the house to play odds-wise, but as a social sport it can be quite amusing.
You cannot beat a roulette table unless you steal money from it.- Albert Einstein
The Roulette game is administered by a dealer called a Croupier [ Pronounced: Croopi-yea - Ed ]. The croupier is responsible for changing the players cash into roulette chips. Regular casino chips are not used on the Roulette table, the player must exchange their chips to roulette chips before placing bets. This is done because the Roulette layout is very complex for the dealers to know who belongs to what bet, each player gets different colored chips. Denominations for these chips usually range from quarters to $1 (more at higher limit tables).
After the croupier exchanges chips, the player places bets on any number of bets they choose on the table. When the betting begins to slow down, the croupier spins a little white plastic ball on the spinning wheel and will say "No more bets, please" while waving their hand magically over the table. All eyes watch the ball go round and round until it stops in one of 38 numbered slots on the wheel (1 through 36 plus 0 and 00). The dealer then calls out the winning number and moves a marker to its position on the table then pays out winners and rakes and restacks losing chips.
- Straight Up (28) The most basic bet in Roulette is picking a single number Straight Up. This is done by placing a chip on a single numbe in the layout. The payout for a Straight Up bet is 35-1. The player can also bet on 0 or 00 to come Straight Up.
- Red or Black - By placing your chips on red or black, you are betting that Red or Black will come out. Payout is 1-1 (even money). The player loses if a 0 or 00 comes out.
- Odd or Even - By placing your chips on odd or even, you are betting that Red or Black will come out. Payout is 1-1 (even money). The player loses if a 0 or 00 comes out.
- 1 to 18 or 19 to 36 - By placing your chips on 1 to 18 or 19 to 36, you are betting that a number between 1-18 or 19 to 36 will come out. Payout is 1-1 (even money). The player loses if a 0 or 00 comes out.
- Column (the top row 3-36) - by placing a bet in the box marked 2 to 1, the player is wagering that a number in that column will come out. The payout for Column bets is 2-1. The player loses if a 0 or 00 comes out.
- 1st 12 - 2nd 12 - 3rd 12 (1-12, 13-24, 25-36) - by placing a bet in the box marked 1st 12, 2nd 12 or 3rd 12, the player is wagering that a number in the dozen they choose will come out. The payout for Dozen bets is 2-1.
- Six Numbers (16-21) - by placing a bet in the on the edge of the layout between the 18|21 or 16|19, the player is wagering that a number in the set of six they've chosen will come out. The payout for Six Numbers bets is 5-1.
- Split (35|36) - by placing a bet on the line between the 35|36, the player is wagering that either of the numbers they're straddling will come out. The payout for Split bets is 17-1.
- Trio (34|35|36 - not shown) - by placing a bet on the edge of the layout on 34 or 36, the player is wagering that any of the three numbers in that row will come out. The payout for Trio bets is 11-1.
- Corner (25|26|28|29) - by placing a bet on the axis between , 25|26|28|29 the player is wagering that any of these four numbers will come out. The payout for Corner bets is 8-1.
Rules and Strategy
Baccarat : How To
BlackJack : How To
BlackJack : Basic Strategy
BlackJack : Cheat Sheet
BlackJack : Card Counting
Caribbean Stud : How To
Let It Ride : How To
Pai Gow Poker : How To
Three Card Poker : How To